About me

I am 21 years old and have been riding since age 13. I went to YTI in York Pennsylvania to take their Motorcycle Technology program. I completed the campus program and moved onto my 3 month unpaid externship at a dealership. I graduated in November of 2007. My externship turned into a Full-time job. I have been working for a little over 2 years now at that same dealership. While I don't claim to be the best or know everything, I am here to help you diagnose problems you may have with your motorcycle, atv,or scooter. I am Yamaha 5 star, bronze, and silver certified, have a diploma from YTI, and have attended various yamaha and suzuki updates and courses.
I am also an avid motorcyclist. I own a 2004 Suzuki SV1000s. Other bikes that I have owned are 1991 GSXR750, 2004 Vstar650, 1997 Kdx200, 1999 Yamaha Blaster, 1988 CR125, 1996 RT180, and a 1980 Dt175. 

Monday, October 19, 2009

10 tools every mechanic should own

  1. A good quality Multi-meter (Fluke,Snap-on,Craftsman)
  2. A Spring loaded center punch
  3. An assortment of large metric and standard impact sockets(22mm-36mm)
  4. Tap and Die set (the more the better)
  5. Damaged bolt removers (Craftsman/Snap-on or even Harbor Freight)
  6. Motorcycle scissor jack
  7. Crescent Wrench ( always comes in handy as a last resort)
  8. An assortment of Large metric and standard wrenches (22mm-36mm)
  9. Assortment of different sized C-clamps 
  10. Air compressor and air tools   
All these tools have saved my butt at least a few times. As far as brands go I recommend Craftsman for the quality and convenience.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm a tech as well and just want to add a few highlights to your points. Damaged bolt removers, get different types, spiral left hand thread socket things have saved me, there is the sharp shank thingys you tap into a drilled hole. I only have one c-lamp, a 4inch. The only things I see missing from your list is hammers; the ball hammer, the baby sludge hammer, the sand hammer, the rubber hammer and a map bottle and torch.

    ReplyDelete